Friday, May 2, 2014

Lightroom editing technique...

If you use Lightroom, and love taking nature photos,  I have a website that is a must for you to visit.  The author of this website is Kelly Ishmael.  She posts a tutorial every Friday, and I have never failed to come away amazed at how she tweaks her sliders to add such drama and mood to her photos.  I thought I would post the link, so you can go there to see what she does.  I can guarantee you will learn something new.  http://mindingmynest.com/photography/photo-finish-friday-spring-glow/.  If you would like to see more of her work, here is her flickr address: https://www.flickr.com/photos/58736886@N05/

For those who went to the link on how to add texture to a photo, I wanted to share a before and after photo that I did with only one texture added.  Edits were done in Lightroom, the texture added in PSE.
Before
After...I wanted the photo to have a vintage look.  Edit done in LR...exposed it a little more, increased clarity, desaturated, increased vibrance, and added a slight vignette.  Took it into PSE where I added Kim Klassen's texture called kk_mary at 100% soft light, duplicated the texture layer, lowered the opacity to 50%.


1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for the lovely compliment and blog love. I've enjoyed learning Lightroom and it's so fun to share it with others. so glad that you've found some useful information in my tutorials. that right there...the best compliment of all. :)

    ReplyDelete